Berlin -- Lichterfelde Barracks
Lichterfelde Kaserne, southwest of the Berlin downtown area, was an old Prussian cadet training school. The Nazis took it over in 1933, and it became the headquarters of Hitler's body guard regiment, the Leibstandarte-SS "Adolf Hitler." Later, newer buildings were built to serve as the headquarters for the Leibstandarte.
All period photos are from Herbert Walther, "Die Waffen-SS, eine Bilddokumentation," Ahnert-Verlag, Echzell, n.d., except as noted. Click here for a link to a MapQuest map of Lichterfelde.
Third Reich in Ruins, http://www.thirdreichruins.com/
All contents copyright © 2000-2018,
Geoffrey R. Walden; all rights reserved. All photos taken by or
This page is intended for historical
research only, and no political or philosophical aims should be assumed.
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute
endorsement by the author of the information, products or
This page initially uploaded on 20 July 2000.